Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thing 26

So I joined the Ning in round 2. I'm sticking to the cat avatar theme. I should probably be a cat in my next life anyway.
I joined The Comfort Zone group and commented on their wall.
I added Nicole as a friend and commented on her wall.
I was going to add the badge to my blog but couldn't figure out how! Any ideas?
I notice the Ning is very similar to Facebook. Same features -- wall, profile, pictures, etc. Which is nice because it's not open to the entire world like Facebook is -- only 23 things librarians. I like that.
A Ning in our library may work, though I'm not sure how many of out patrons would participate. It'd be a nice forum for the staff, though, maybe even the entire LARL network. We could "meet" others and communicate through it.
I doubt it'd catch on in my personal life. I could create a network Ning for all my friends, but with most of them already having Facebooks and/or MySpaces, I doubt they'd want another Web site to maintain.
Also I want to note the typo at the end of Thing 26's blog prompts. Yoru personal life? Bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment